Happy Wednesday, Everyone. It's been pretty quiet here the last few days because I've been slaving over my Vogue 5510 knockoff. On Monday night, I finished everything but the zipper. Last night, I pinned the zipper in place, went to try it on....
And, it's huge. Like shapeless, frumpy, waist all in the wrong place huge. I have no idea what went wrong, the muslin fit perfect. I laid the muslin on top of my dress and it's somehow two inches larger. The only change I made to the back bodice piece was adding a few inches of length, I didn't change anything about the width!
I was pretty unhappy to have to rip out my waistline stay. It looked so nice.
I ripped the waistline seam all the way out to the sides, and cut off the offending two extra inches of fabric.
I re-pulled my gathers to fit the smaller bodice, and stitched everything up. Now, it fits perfectly in the waist, but I'm still having issues with the bust. The right side is fine, and the left side is gaping all over the place. The armhole is also considerably lower and half my bra hangs out.
I'm going to try one more time to fix it before this dress ends up being a really pretty dress...for someone else.