Monday, April 25, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
I'm so excited to be bestowed this honor by Molly of Molly's Sewing and Garage Sale Adventures. The only thing I had been previously nominated for is "Most Likely To Forget Which Class I'm In" in middle school. So, thanks!
The deal is, you post 7 things about yourself and then list 7 blogs you are reading. Here goes.
1. I used to be the pickiest eater in the world. Up until a couple years ago, I hated strawberries, cream cheese, sushi, most cooked vegetables, hummus, tea, tomato products (I would scrape the sauce off pizza, seriously), mushrooms, etc. I've gotten much better and I now love all those things on my former hate list. My only holdouts are organ meats, ketchup, and onions. No thanks.
2. I have freakishly large hands, with really skinny fingers. They're as big as my husband's but I wear a size 4.5 ring. I should have become a piano player.
3. I was not allowed to have pets growing up, except for a bird, so the first thing I did when I moved out was procured two cats. Their names are Bone and Lamb and they are 9 this year!
4. My New Year's Resolution in 2009 was to not eat fast food and I haven't broken it yet. I count "fast food" as anything with a drive-through, so like McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Wendy's, and so on. The only time I sort of cheated was about a year ago and I was in the middle of nowhere, and it was either Dairy Queen or starvation.
5. I haven't bought clothes at the mall since I started sewing. New clothes don't excite me at all. I prefer sewing my own lately and I also like thrifting and vintage stores for the thrill of the hunt.
6. I have the cutest husband in the world. Fact.
7. I live for warm weather. In the summer, I am outside as much as I possibly can. Nothing makes me happier than sunshine on my face and a pretty sundress, and having beers on a patio.
Blogs I am currently loving:
Ellie from Good Morning Idea
Sara from Ohhh Lulu
Kate from Orange K8
Astrid from Sew Sixties
Camelias and Crinolines
Sam from All things quilty....and sewy