That pretty much sums up my sewing of late.
I started this dress nearly a month ago and got everything done but the skirt and lost steam.
The bodice turned out great, and I even did the version with long sleeves! I'm super impressed with the sleeves. They turned out perfect and without puckers for the first time ever. The fabric is a 100% rayon crepe from Trimfabrics.com and it was so wonderful to work with. Soft and drapey and easy to iron, just the way I like it. Um, I borrowed inspiration heavily from the pattern envelope. I even wear my hair like that most days!
I keep having issues with the skirt. Since the seams sort of show through the white fabric, I'm doing French seams. I keep sewing them backwards! I've ripped it out and re-sewed them three times. I've finally got it straight and attached to the bodice. I'm waiting until I hem it to show a picture because the length is looking a little sister-wife at the moment.
I also finished this dress, which was my muslin for McCalls 6511. I was worried the fabric looked a little dated, but Mike assured me I have far more elderly prints in my wardrobe. Heh. I don't know if it's going to become a wardrobe staple, but it's bright and comfy and barely took any effort to complete it since it was almost done anyway. I just added a basic gathered circle skirt.
I also started muslins for my two new 40's patterns. I'm using this ugly rayon I got at a thrift store since it's the same drape and weight as the dress fabric I'm going to be using. They don't look like much at the moment, but I'm making progress!
I am making View 1, and it will eventually be made in this fabric.
I bought a similar sweater on eBay, so I am hoping it looks good with the skirt and my sparkly Miu Miu boots!
I also made a muslin for this McCalls pattern. I wish I had a real dress form so you could see it better. This one is super skinny and boobless!
I'm making it in black rayon crepe, and inspired by this dress, I purchased some gold sequined appliques. I'm bummed I couldn't find lillies of the valley, but I knew that would be an impossible task.
Lastly in the "Miu Miu Knockoff" category, I bought this 80's dress with the intention of making it more like this dress.
So far I have removed the collar, made a seam down the front instead of it wrapping, and reworked the skirt. I detached it, turned it backwards, and used a pattern piece for a fitted skirt to make a slit. It still needs a lot of work (namely, the bodice is WAY too long), but I like the direction it's going.
I'm having a lot of trouble focusing on one project right now and I think it's because I am not excited about fall. It's much more fun to sew a pretty sundress. I hope I can find my motivation and finish some of these or I'm going to have to go naked.