Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sittin'. Knittin'.

Hi!  I hope you didn't all forget about me.  I've been pretty busy lately and have not had much time to sew.  I I've been knitting a lot, actually.  Sewing is still my one true love, but knitting feels like a more appropriate winter activity.  What's better than sitting on the couch with a blanket and a cat and knitting while watching some Netflix?  It feels more social too because I'm not upstairs all by myself.

I finished my sweater and wore it to work last Friday!  I am SO glad I ripped it out and started over.  I ended up having to go down two needle sizes and make the small instead of the medium. Now, it's the perfect size and there are no mistakes like there were in the first attempt.  It fits me really well and it's comfortable and the wool is super soft.
Photobucket

Here's some detail shots. I ended up using a tiny circular needle and knitting the sleeve trim in the round, instead of with straight needles and having to sew up the underarm seam.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In true Amy fashion, I already have another started in a different color.  For this one, I am using white cotton yarn that I had from an ill-advised attempt at knitting a cardigan two years ago.  I've heard people advise against knitting with cotton because it doesn't hold it's shape as well as wool, but I love cotton.  It's the fabric of our lives.  I am planning on doing the seed stitch trim in another color, but I haven't decided yet.  What do you all think?  Gray? Yellow?

Photobucket

Mike and I spent the whole weekend painting our dining room and upstairs bathroom. The dining room was a terrible Army green (you can see the "before" in my sweater photo above) and the bathroom was a stereotypical "bathroom blue". Now they are both the color of my sweater! I think I am in an aqua kind of mood lately.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have a great Sunday and good luck with all your projects!

7 comments:

  1. Great jumper!!! I've seen a few version of this pattern and I'm very tempted to try it myself. I know exactly what you mean about knitting being more comforting and sociable in the winter months. I too love sewing, but have found myself knitting more these past few months, so the same reasons as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the sweater. I love the color of the dining room walls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Followers