Saturday, March 5, 2011

MMM Day 3 and 4

I was so distraught by my busted sewing machine I almost forgot to post these!

Here's day 3.  I made this dress out of a Simplicity pattern from 1948 and crepe from the 30's I purchased at an antique store in Wisconsin.  The fabric is so wonderful and feels so great against your skin.  And it's unbelievably opaque, too!  It's not lined and I'm wearing black tights and you can't even see through it.  I guess it's name is the "Princess Peach Dress" because that is what my husband was calling me all day.

Photobucket


Yesterday was casual Friday, so I trotted out my one and only homemade blouse, the Colette Patterns Sencha.  I paired it with J. Crew "High Heel Flare" jeans (head to toe denim is totally back in style, I swear), a J. Crew gold and lime green chain, and brown leather oxfords I bought at Goodwill.  I think this is probably the simplest outfit I've ever worn, but I got a shocking amount of compliments.  My coworkers all loved it, even my (male) boss said something!

Photobucket

I shamefully have not gotten out of loungewear yet today, despite leaving the house earlier to get my eyebrows waxed.  I have a birthday party to go to tonight, so I will have to wear one of my fancier me-made dresses! 

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers