Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hello Blogosphere!

I thought I'd start off my blog with an introduction.  I've always been interested in sewing, but I've never been particularly good at it or had the time or patience.  About two weeks ago, I got frustrated with the lack of pretty, reasonably-priced Fall dresses in the stores.  Everything is so drab and bland!  I don't want to spend the next five months wearing solid black or gray.  I want color! And prints!  Inspired by other sewing blogs, I decided to take to my machine and churned out a record-breaking 6 dresses in two weeks.

I'm completely addicted to sewing now and I have at least 10 projects in the pipeline.  I thought it would be fun to document them for my friends and maybe inspire a few people like I've been inspired.

First up, I need make a dress to wear to Thanksgiving dinner.  I've got the pattern and fabric picked out and I'm ready to start sewing tonight! 

1 comment:

  1. Well...I did..............I saw all your post and read some of them, BUT I LOVED all the pictures of the dresses and how you show the pictures of the sewing steps.
    Continue posting like this, I just LOVED your blog! =)

    ReplyDelete

Followers